Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Put a cork in it (and burn it!)

     
     Time for an easy project idea! All you need is a cork board (Ikea has some cheap options if you don't have a plain boring one already in your house) and a wood burning pen.  I have this pen and while the price is right (under $10) I hate it, it heats up at the handle making it uncomfortable to hold. You can either draw or print up a stencil or if you're more creative than me you can free hand something. Once you have things laid out the way you want you can use the wood burning pen to burn directly through the stencil and onto the cork. It takes about 3 seconds of  pressure to burn into the cork. Once I had gone through my entire stencil I removed it and went back to darken and fill in areas. This one is pretty simple and it only took me about 30 minutes. I can't wait to pick up more cork board and make something else!





No comments:

Post a Comment